[Users] LDAP Server

Oliver Meißner lists.o at la-familia-grande.de
Thu Apr 7 06:07:20 CEST 2016

Hi Jerry,

Am Wed, 30 Mar 2016 10:54:34 -0400
schrieb Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net>:

> I have a small network. OpenLDAP, along with Apache24 are running on
> one PC. Now, if I configure an LDAP server in the address book, and
> give it the numerical IP of the LDAP server, "192.168.1.101"
> everything works fine. However, if I give it the actual web address,
> "MyWebSite.net" it fails to connect. Even if I give it the actual web
> address of the site, it still fails. Only the local IP address works.
>
> I hope I am explaining this correctly. Does anyone have any ideas?

Does it connect if you give the remote ip of "MySite.net"?
If this works, check your /etc/hosts and dns configuration.
In this case
$ host your-ldap-server.mysite.net
would be your friend to identify the problem.

Cheers

--
  <oliver at la-familia-grande.de>  GnuPG-Fingerprint:
  31F8 1667 712C ED9E EDDC 42D2 EC82 8304 92E2 7B15