[Users] Red "S" in message Status field

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sun Apr 3 01:27:25 CEST 2016

On Sat, 2 Apr 2016 10:38:08 +0100
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Apr 2016 18:48:23 -0400
> Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:
>
> > I think Albert's response was pretty good, and commend him for not
> > yet declaring this to be or not be related to Unicode.
>
> Nonsense. If we look back at the first paragraph of the original
> message:
>
> "I've just started seeing a white "S" in a red circle
> alongside some messages in my message list window. Normally this has
> the read/unread"
>
> You see that last sentence. This means he is clearly talking about
> the Status column. Even the subject tells us this without even having
> to read the message.

You and I are just going to have to agree to disagree on this. I've
seen simple reproducible problems go on for a week because somebody
prematurely ruled out a section of the root cause scope. And although
your experience might differ from mine, I and a huge majority of
Troubleshooters I talk to have found that a significant proportion of
user symptom descriptions are either ambiguous, unclear, or just plain
wrong. To assume they're right is to risk turning an easy problem into
a difficult one.

So I continue to support what Albert wrote.

> Or was your message just a cunning way of advertising your business?
>
> Please, no more mentions of your business unless it is completely
> legitimate to mention it here on this list.

Fine.

SteveT

Steve Litt
== Whose business shall never be mentioned on the Claws-Mail List ==