[Users] Problem with sorting method inside threads with same Subject

Augustin Doury augustindoury at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 20:40:01 CEST 2015

Hi,

Thanks for your quick answer.

1) As you can see on this mailing list, I used a subject because it was
useful. If sometimes I do not use a subject, I have my reasons and they are
good for me, If you think about it, I'm sure you will find some good
reasons for, sometimes, avoid a subject. So please no advice on good
manners or etiquette :)

2) I expect a mail client which answer my need, I'm not going to put a
subject where I did not put a subject before, just because Clawsmail need
it to sort emails. I'v never seen a webmail or a mail client which
absolutely need a subject to manage the threads.
Thank you for the idea of using label/tags but I feel like it's too much
work for me just to have my emails sorted, it should be native.

4) When I create a thread, I just write a new message and send it to
somebody. I thought also that each thread has a thread number, but it does
not seem to be used by clawsmail to sort emails (that's why I wrote that my
emails were sorted just "by date/subject"). The problem is the same for
sorting my old "no subject" emails, sent from my webmail in the past.

Augustin