[Users] Problem with sorting method inside threads with same Subject

Augustin Doury augustindoury at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 18:39:46 CEST 2015

My first time on this mailing : hi everybody !

I'm new on ClawsMail after leaving Thunderbird. My first impressions are
really good.

It's like the thread sorting option is sorting my emails just by
date/subject and not by "conversation". When I send emails, I sometimes let
the subject empty "". So when people answer me, the subject is "Re:" and
when they answer me again it's "Re:Re:Re:" an so on.
But I have differents conversations with different people and the thread
sorting option of ClawsMail mix everything.

For example I have this kind of thread :

> Re:        Conversation1        09/07/15
   Re:        Conversation2        09/11/15
      Re:        Conversation3        09/21/15
      Re:        Conversation3        09/21/15
       Re:        Conversation4        09/30/15
       Re:        Conversation4        09/30/15
       Re:        Conversation4        09/30/15
      Re:        Conversation2        09/11/15
     Re:        Conversation1        09/08/15
      Re:        Conversation1        09/08/15
       Re:        Conversation1        09/09/15
     Re:        Conversation1        09/07/15

As you can see I sent emails today (conversation4) without subject, when my
contact answer me, this new message was far away in my mailbox (near
09/07/15 instead of 09/30/15).

How to manage this ?

Thanks in advance :)

Augustin