[Users] How do I run Claws with mail folders on an external hard drive?

Lawrence London lfljvenaura at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 21:12:55 CEST 2015

How do I run Claws with mail folders on an external hard drive?
I use Win 8.1
I found this reference:
[Users] Running Claws with mail folders on external hard drive
http://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2014-July/010378.html
It said to:
"Then move Mail folder from your profile to external drive & edit
folderlist.xml to point the Mailbox to it on the external drive. The
sub-folders use relative paths so that one change is all you need to do.
For eg: <folder type="mh" path="N:\\Mail" name="Mail">"

I opened folderlist.xml in Wordpad and found no line containing "folder
type=".
My Claws mail folders are currently in:
C:\Documents and Settings\Lawrence London\Application
Data\Claws-mail\imapcache
How do I move the folders to an external hard drive and tell Claws where
they are?
Thanks for any help.
Lawrence
--