[Users] seg fault (?) on opening mail from myself displayed in newsgroup

Michael Gmelin freebsd at grem.de
Mon Sep 7 20:56:21 CEST 2015

On Mon, 7 Sep 2015 13:46:25 -0500
Charles Kroeger <mbone at gmx.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Sep 2015 17:53:39 +0100
> Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 7 Sep 2015 11:41:52 -0500
> > Charles Kroeger <mbone at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > something I have not seen before: opening a newsgroup mail from
> > > myself kills CM..instantly. I tried marking all the unread
> > > messages read, but the same reaction occurred when trying to open
> > > my message.
> >
> > Can you give details of the newsgroup and message so we can see if
> > we can reproduce the crash?
>

> I can't even open it in the 'sent' folder or right click on it to
> send as an attachment I can't even delete it. If I click or
> right-click on it it instantly kills CM. It doesn't seem to knock CM
> completely out of memory however because when I start CM after the
> crash, it reappears as fast as it left. This is faster than an
> initial start up.
>
> I would suggest you go to the newsgroup and try to open the letter
> there.
>
> linux.debian.user (subject) Re: Adapter Names on Stretch [OT]
> 15/09/07(Mon) 02:00
>
> it's under my name. This is the best I can do.

Hi Charles,

looks like your message has a PGP signature. Chances are you updated to
GnuPG 2.1 recently. If this is the case, please make sure to follow
instructions here:

https://www.gnupg.org/faq/whats-new-in-2.1.html#nosecring

(claws from git has a workaround to figure out that problem and warn
you about it).

Short version (no warranties):

$ cd ~/.gnupg
$ gpg --export-ownertrust >otrust.lst
$ mv pubring.gpg publickeys
$ gpg2 --import-options import-local-sigs --import publickeys
$ gpg2 --import-ownertrust otrust.lst

You also might want to move your secring.pgp out of the way, like in mv
secring.pgp secring.pgp.old

Cheers,
Michael

--