[Users] seg fault (?) on opening mail from myself displayed in newsgroup

Charles Kroeger mbone at gmx.co.uk
Mon Sep 7 20:46:25 CEST 2015

On Mon, 7 Sep 2015 17:53:39 +0100
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Sep 2015 11:41:52 -0500
> Charles Kroeger <mbone at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > something I have not seen before: opening a newsgroup mail from
> > myself kills CM..instantly. I tried marking all the unread messages
> > read, but the same reaction occurred when trying to open my message.
>
> Can you give details of the newsgroup and message so we can see if we
> can reproduce the crash?

I can't even open it in the 'sent' folder or right click on it to send as an
attachment I can't even delete it. If I click or right-click on it it instantly
kills CM. It doesn't seem to knock CM completely out of memory however because when
I start CM after the crash, it reappears as fast as it left. This is faster
than an initial start up.

I would suggest you go to the newsgroup and try to open the letter there.

linux.debian.user (subject) Re: Adapter Names on Stretch [OT]   15/09/07(Mon) 02:00

it's under my name. This is the best I can do.

--
CK