[Users] GPG decryption issue in Fedora 22

Ron Rogers Jr. cronocloudauron at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 14:02:19 CEST 2015

On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 13:42:51 -0400
George Avrunin <avrunin at math.umass.edu> wrote:

> I had a similar problem on a fresh install of Fedora 22, but I'm
> not sure whether the underlying cause was the same.

Fresh install with a .gnupg from previous Fedora's (actually dating
back to 2007).

> In my case, the issue seems to be that the version 2.1 gpg-agent is
> now supposed to (just once) convert the secret keys from
> secring.gpg and put them in a private-keys-v1.d subdirectory
> of .gnupg.  But it was only creating the subdirectory and not
> putting any secret keys in it.  As a result, the various gpg2
> programs were not finding any secret keys. I solved the problem by
> exporting all the keys on another machine and then importing them
> on the F22 machine.

Thanks, I think something similar happened to me. I did some more
googling thanks to the hint you provided, and this method worked for
me, and now signature checking is working properly too:

cp -r ~/.gnupg ~/gpgOLD
gpg --export-ownertrust > ~/gpgOLD/otrust.txt
mkdir ~/gpgNEW
chmod 700 ~/gpgNEW
export GNUPGHOME=~/gpgNEW
gpg --import gpgOLD/pubring.gpg
gpg --import gpgOLD/secring.gpg
gpg --import-ownertrust ~/gpgOLD/otrust.txt

Thanks again for the info.

Ron Rogers Jr. (CronoCloud)