[Users] extended search shot circuit

Ethy H. Brito ethy.brito at inexo.com.br
Mon Oct 19 22:42:33 CEST 2015

Hi

Does extended search benefit from boolean short circuits?
For instance, "f mr_Doe & b some_text" behaves substantially different from
"b some_text & f mr_Doe"?

I ask those because extended search is annoyingly slow.

I am trying to find an email from mr_doe that contains some_word for more than 5 minutes now. Gave up!
I did the search from command line in a few seconds (three to be precise) using grep and xargs!

~/.claws-mail/imapcache/1.1.1.1/me at here/INBOX$ grep -l "From:.*danton" 1* | \
	xargs grep -i some_word

I am certainly doing something very wrong with claws!

Pointers?

Regards

Ethy