[Users] open source software

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Wed Nov 4 09:47:23 CET 2015

Hi Nic,

Le Wed, 04 Nov 2015 08:31:39 +0000
Nic Ford <nic at mindwalker.co.uk> a écrit:

> I'm still using Eudora which is great, and Claws seems a suitable
> replacement. But I have never used open source software before and I
> can find no instructions about how you use it - what are all those
> source files etc? I installed Claws on windows 7 and there are
> plugins I want to use but they are not available. Instructions say
> use the package manager - what is that and how do I use it? There are
> tools available on the web site but how do I run them? Where can I
> find out about all this stuff, there is an assumption that everyone
> already knows it! I don't even know how to use the posting system for
> help, where do I look for the reply to this email? How do I search
> the archives? A big black hole of information for the newcomer.
>
> Nic

This answer should land in your mailbox both directly and through
the Claws Mail list (assuming you did subscribe to it) so maybe you'll
receive it twice.

You seem to have read instructions for Linux users rather than Windows
users (package managers, notably, are a Linux concept, not a Windows
one).

Did you read <http://www.claws-mail.org/win32/> and install Claws Mail
from it, or was it from some third party site?

The above is /the/ page to go to for Claws Mail on Windows. It mentions
explicitly which plugins are available and bundled with the Windows
installer for Claws Mail and which ones are not available (and these
are really not available at all on Windows).

Which plugins exactly are you looking for?

Amicalement,
--
Albert.