[Users] Signature position

JoHnY sylpheed at 2600.sk
Sun Nov 1 19:57:27 CET 2015

The move of signature to the start of message consisted of adding one line (without making it an option, so no setting in preferences) and it works. However, I have a problem with replacing the signature when changing the account, now it deletes the whole message and quoted text. I have even replaced the whole section responsible for the signature replacement by the same section from Sylpheed source where it works fine, but it behaves the same way and I can't figure out why. Is there anyone willing to point me in the right direction?
The code in question from the compose.c:

        if (replace) {
                GtkTextIter first_iter, start_iter, end_iter;

                gtk_text_buffer_get_start_iter(buffer, &first_iter);

                if (!exists || compose->sig_str[0] == '\0')
                        found = FALSE;
                else
                        found = gtk_text_iter_forward_to_tag_toggle(&first_iter,
                                        compose->signature_tag);

                if (found) {
                        /* include previous \n\n */
                        gtk_text_iter_backward_chars(&first_iter, 1);
                        start_iter = first_iter;
                        end_iter = first_iter;
                        /* skip re-start */
                        found = gtk_text_iter_forward_to_tag_toggle(&end_iter,
                                        compose->signature_tag);
                        found &= gtk_text_iter_forward_to_tag_toggle(&end_iter,
                                        compose->signature_tag);
                        if (found) {
                                gtk_text_buffer_delete(buffer, &start_iter, &end_iter);
                                iter = start_iter;
                        }
                }

        }