[Users] More generally: PGP in Claws

Ralf Hutter rhutter at posteo.de
Tue May 19 11:10:14 CEST 2015

Hi everybody,
thank you for your responses, but this is more complicated.
I clicked on slavko's and michael's signature icon, just as paul had
said, to import the keys. It showed me the key-ID, saying that fetching
the keys didn't work for the moment, but that i could enter a
certain code in the command line. I did that but got the answer in the
shell that ownership of gpg.conf is not clear.
Since then, when i click on slavko's and michael's signatures, i am not
even shown their ID's. I am just asked, where to save them. But when
saving, I have to enter the file name myself, which makes no sense
cause i don't know the name.
I've tried with both auto-key-locate cert and keyserver-options
auto-key-retrieve in gpg.conf. From the beginning, "keyserver
hkp://keys.gnupg.net" was set there.
Apart from the server and key fetching problem: Where do you actually
store keys?! Where do you import them to?
I might try seahorse, but still want to figure out how this works
without it.
Ralf

On Mon, 18 May 2015 20:25:49 +0200
Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 May 2015 18:43:28 +0100
> Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > In the case of PGP/MIME just click the signature icon
> > (application/pgp-signature) on the right of the message and you we
> > prompted to fetch the key. This supposes that you have a keyserver
> > configured in ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf
> >
> If you have this in ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf
> keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve
>
> Then retrieving the key will be done automatically.

Ich verschlüssele Emails!
GPG-Key: 0x09306F61