[Users] Problem with clawsrc occasionally reverting to default

Dan Arico dan_arico at aricosystems.com
Wed Mar 25 20:34:24 CET 2015

On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 20:10:56 +0100
Joebug <joebug at ouvaton.org> wrote:

> Hello CM List users,
>
> I am a relatively new user to Clawsmail (less than a year) and am
> slowly discovering its many features - often thanks to this mailing
> list.
>
> I have sucessfully imported my former thunderbird pop accounts thanks
> to tbird2claws.py and replicated this on two different computers and
> am now enjoying the (new to me) power of IMAP.
>
> I am experiencing a strange problem with one system - debian 3.16 - CM
> 3.11.1 - hence this message.
>
> Occasionally, when I start ClawsMail, the "~/.claws-mail/clawsrc"
> reverts to default. I am immediately made aware of this because the
> claws mail window is much smaller than my preferred setup.
>
> All I have managed to do when this happens is close CM, replace
> clawsrc with clarwsrc.bak and start again. The problem never happens
> twice.

I've run into the same problem. I found a different way to solve it.

Hold down <Alt> and left click on the window. Now you can pull it to
the middle of the screen. Hold down <Alt> and right click. Now you'll
have a handle that will let you move the borders.

Incidentally, this works with any window.

Dan Arico

One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.