[Users] Two small issues

R Kimber richardkimber at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 23 22:15:12 CEST 2015

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 09:27:56 +0100
Paul wrote:

> > Another small issue is that checking the "show all headers" box
> > doesn't consistently do that in all circumstances, though I haven't
> > yet worked out how to reproduce this.  My PC was on overnight and
> > the box had presumably been left checked from some activity
> > yesterday, and I found today that some posts were shown with
> > headers and some were not.  Odd.
>
> If you can provide detailed steps on how to reproduce these, then
> please do. I have no such problems here.

I've had this again, and as things stand it always happens, but not in a
way that can be easily diagnosed.  It seems to be folder-related - i.e. it
happens in some folders but not others (it never happens in the folder
that contains messages from this list), and in some odd way seems
message-related.

I've done the following several times and it seems to be repeatable for me.

Start Claws
open inbox
most recent message is selected
Click View and then "show all headers"
Headers of most recent message appear
Click the previous message
message is shown without headers
Click further up the message list and there are no headers for 18 messages
and then headers appear again and then disappear and reappear seemingly at
random as one highlights older and older messages.

I seems to be the same messages each time that either do or do not show
headers, except that Claws will always show the headers of the message that
is currently selected when headers are turned on - even if that message's
headers were not shown when headers were turned on with a different message
as the selected message.  If you see what I mean.

Sorry I can't be more precise.  I can always see the headers of the current
message when I turn the option on, in any folder, but clicking on other
messages doesn't always show the headers.

I'm using a fresh install of ubuntu-mate 15.04 since I first reported this
issue, Claws is 3.11.1  I don't know if it's relevant but the machine is on
24/7 and Claws is opened at startup and never normally closed, though the
issue survives closing Claws and re-opening.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber