[Users] Claws not sending e-mails.

sylpheed at 911networks.com sylpheed at 911networks.com
Wed Jul 15 23:37:23 CEST 2015

On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 22:16:57 +0100 (IST)
peter jones <peterjones2 at eircom.net> wrote:

>It seems that sending e-mails are being blocked by something called
>Spamhaus, and despite trying all the options described on the
>internet I still cannot send e-mails.
>
>I have always used Outlook and have never had a problem configuring
>this program, but  I cannot get Claws to work at all. I get the
>following messages -
>
>[1] An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:
>5.1.1 <peterjones2 at eircom.net> Blacklisted by Spamhaus;
>http://spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=109.79.196.4";. Please check the
>message recipient "peterjones2 at eircom.net" and try again.

The mail server, that you are sending the email to, does not want to
receive your email because your mail server (not claws) is
blacklisted by Spamhaus.

It is: 109.76.0.0/14 is listed on the Policy Block List (PBL)

/14 is a huge block (262 thousand IP addresses) that they have black
listed and you are getting caught in it. Switching to Outlook is not
going to make any difference. It's the receiving mail server that's
not accepting your emails.

--
sknahT

vyS