[Users] setup accounts/folders

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Sun Jan 11 17:54:58 CET 2015

Hi Ralf,

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 12:34:47 +0100
Ralf Mardorf <info.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> > I suspect Claws doesn't provide such virtual folders, I guess it only
> > provides to copy mails by a filter rule and I suspect those copies are
> > real copies. Since I'm new to Claws, I might be mistaken.
>
> Regarding to a very short web research at least Thunderbird, Opera and
> Evolution provide virtual folders. Regarding to a thread at gmane from
> 2010, Claws doesn't provide this feature.
>
> I won't post information about other MUAs, but the link about claws:
>
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.mail.sylpheed.claws.general/43640
>
> JFTR I'm migrating from Evolution to Claws since a few month. The
> migration isn't finished yet. Claws does miss many useful features, but
> fortunately it also miss to be bloated and super-buggy. I will use
> Claws only in the close future. If you need virtual folders IMO Opera
> is better than Mozilla MUAs and Evolution. JFTR Sylpheed seems to be ok
> too, but I suspect it doesn't provide virtual folders too, I'm
> test-using it parallel to my migration from Evolution to Claws, but I
> prefer Claws.

http://git.claws-mail.org/?p=claws.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/vfolder

Though, unfortunately, development of that branch has stalled so far.

Also there's other ideas about what a virtual folder should be which doesn't
match this particular implementation; if you're interested you can read also
the relevant threads in devel ML archives:

http://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/devel/2014-June/001143.html
http://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/devel/2014-July/001203.html
http://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/devel/2014-August/001259.html

(and probably some other I may have missed)

regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~