[Users] setup accounts/folders

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sun Jan 11 12:34:47 CET 2015

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 09:39:33 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 06:36:49 +0000, waltz at krutt.org wrote:
> > And again, why not join "in/sent" mail that match other filter
> > parameters?
>
> IIUC you want to have all sent mails in a Sent folder and all received
> mails in an Inbox folder or all sent and received mails in one folder,
> but at the same time you want virtual copies in separated virtual
> folders.
>
> Opera does provide this by default for mailing lists and Evolution
> provides the search folders for what ever you want.
>
> I suspect Claws doesn't provide such virtual folders, I guess it only
> provides to copy mails by a filter rule and I suspect those copies are
> real copies. Since I'm new to Claws, I might be mistaken.

Regarding to a very short web research at least Thunderbird, Opera and
Evolution provide virtual folders. Regarding to a thread at gmane from
2010, Claws doesn't provide this feature.

I won't post information about other MUAs, but the link about claws:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.mail.sylpheed.claws.general/43640

JFTR I'm migrating from Evolution to Claws since a few month. The
migration isn't finished yet. Claws does miss many useful features, but
fortunately it also miss to be bloated and super-buggy. I will use
Claws only in the close future. If you need virtual folders IMO Opera
is better than Mozilla MUAs and Evolution. JFTR Sylpheed seems to be ok
too, but I suspect it doesn't provide virtual folders too, I'm
test-using it parallel to my migration from Evolution to Claws, but I
prefer Claws.