[Users] Configuration

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Mon Feb 2 18:03:04 CET 2015

On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 11:20:17 -0500 Jerry wrote:

>On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 10:31:14 -0500, Pierre Fortin stated:
>
>>Sounds like you have very specific rules that could all be accomplished
>>within dovecot by extending its rules to forward|redirect to the
>>specific allowed recipients, delete, or hold for exception handling by
>>CM; in which case, we are back to why CM can't guess.
>
>CM does not have to 'guess'. I am trying to configure it to where I want
>the email forwarded top. There is no guess work involved. The guess work
>is which emails I want forwarded and which I choose to delete or at
>least not forward. That required human intervention.
>
>Since I can create a default "To" or "Reply To:", I fail to see why I
>cannot create a default "Forward To" address. Also, there is no way to
>create a default template for "forward as attachment" although there is
>one for regular "forwarded" mail. I believe that is an oversight.

OK...  you want a "Default to: for forwards"...  you can open a new
report at http://www.thewildbeast.co.uk/claws-mail/bugzilla/index.cgi
Make sure to set Severity to enhancement.

>>If the destination address is already available within the held message,
>>then you could create an "action" to process it; but I'm assuming the
>>final destination is not within the original message or you'd end up
>>with a mail loop -- unless external mail hits an externally visible
>>server, and this process forwards to an internal-only server, or
>>somesuch.
>
>It isn't.
>
>All I want is the ability to click on one of these prefigured folders,
>choose the mail I want forwarded as attachment and click the <forward>
>icon and have the mail info filled in. I actually did create an action;
>however, it sends each email individually and not as a group. That is a
>waste of time and the individuals whom I forward this to do not like to
>receive a multitude of messages in that fashion. Perhaps you know of
>some way to configure the 'action' to send them as a group instead. I
>have not found a method to accomplish that task.

I find that CM has a way to handle almost any situation; but sometimes,
someone comes along with a new twist on mail handling...  :)

There is a "Processing..." feature for folders; but I've never used
it...  though as I'm about to send this reply, I see Paul (one of our
great developers :) has responded.

There's also a Python plugin that you can load and create scripts for
this sort of thing.
http://www.claws-mail.org/plugin.php?plugin=python
See also Holger Berndt's Blog:
http://berndth.blogspot.com/search/label/Claws%20Mail

There are some example python scripts at:
http://git.claws-mail.org/?p=claws.git;a=tree;f=src/plugins/python/examples;h=d5e01c5e068a6dc38bc19acc926c61315c515bda;hb=HEAD
If you install the auto/startup script, it will add a documentation link
under Help.

HTH,
Pierre