[Users] Make "Go to Next Unread Message" skip accounts/folders

Chad Wallace cwallace at lodgingcompany.com
Wed Apr 15 20:08:12 CEST 2015

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 12:49:13 +0200
Andreas Ronnquist <mailinglists at gusnan.se> wrote:

> As the subject - It could be nice to have the possibility to customize
> which accounts or folders that "Go to Next unread message" steps
> through and does its checks on.
>
> In my case, I have a gmane account which I end up in when pressing
> "Go to Next unread message" and I have no more unread email, and i
> would much more like to see that when I do that, nothing happens
> instead. The news account _always_ have unread posts, and I would
> like to avoid ending up there unless I actively click on an
> discussion group.

I used to have the same problem.  In my case it was a shared account
where we used the "Read" flag to indicate whether something had been
dealt with... So when I ended up in that account by accident, I'd have
to remember to unmark the message I just read.

Anyway, what I did to work around it was mark one of the messages in my
Spam folder as unread, because it's all junk anyway AND it's the last
folder in my list.  So I would always end up on that spam message
instead of landing where I shouldn't be.

--

C. Chad Wallace, B.Sc.
The Lodging Company