[Users] PGP in claws

Mike Miskulin mike.miskulin at leadingordersolutions.com
Sat Apr 4 19:49:48 CEST 2015

On 4/4/2015 9:59 AM, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Apr 2015 21:08:06 -0400
> Mike Miskulin wrote:
>
>>   as more and more email goes by
>> TLS server to server connection.
> This thread is silly, you have the key so do what you want. GPG works
> well with claws. I just wanted to throw in that until the issues with
> DNSSEC are resolved for key size and deployability (amplification etc.)

Kevin,

Not to be difficult, but please do not quote my response out of context:

"a) A local computer really should not be considered "much more secure"
than the message transiting the internet as more and more email goes by
TLS server to server connection.  Even the days of going through many
unrelated servers are mostly past."

The above was not intended to imply that TLS was a guaranty of email
security (as you note, it can be MITMed)  rather to point out that local
storage is no longer "much more secure" as asserted by another poster.
The easiest attack vectors are against a stored message (using malware
or warrant).

But I do agree all bases have been covered in this thread and it is up
to the end user to determine what levels of risk they are willing to
accept and setup Claws to that end.

Cheers.