[Users] PGP in claws

Chad Wallace cwallace at lodgingcompany.com
Thu Apr 2 21:30:32 CEST 2015

On Thu Apr 2 16:54:14 CEST 2015
Paul Sommer wrote:

> I'm not sure if I got you right, but my problem was that RECEIVED
> mails are stored encrypted. My sent mails are not the problem.
> If I understand the discussion there's no way for that!? If so then
> encryption is no option with claws - or better: claws is no option if
> one want to use encryption.

If you want to automatically *decrypt* messages that you receive
encrypted, and have them saved in the clear, I'm pretty sure there is no
support for that in Claws.  I think the best thing to do there is make
sure you encrypt each of your own messages to yourself as well, and
then use Claws to search them.

Although, I just tried it myself, and it seems Claws doesn't decrypt
messages when it's searching.  I just did an Extended search in the
body for a keyword that I knew was in an encrypted message
(i.e., "b <keyword>"), and it didn't find anything.

If that would work, it would allow searching in encrypted messages...
although, it would have to ask you for your passphrase... hopefully
only once, not once for every message! :-)

--

C. Chad Wallace, B.Sc.
The Lodging Company