[Users] PGP in claws

Paul Sommer nl at paul-sommer.de
Fri Apr 3 16:55:00 CEST 2015

> On Thu, 2 Apr 2015 19:42:47 +0100
> Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2 Apr 2015 19:49:47 +0200
> > Johan Vromans <jvromans at squirrel.nl> wrote:

> > > Not necessarily.
> > >
> > > My hard drive is encrypted. I want to store mail in plain format so
> > > I can use search and other tools. There's no additional benefit
> > > from storing mails in encrypted format on an encrypted disk.
> > > (Provided the hard disk is locked when not in use, etc.)
> >
> > That's fine, if the OP had mentioned doing something like that I would
> > not have commented, he gave the impression that he only wanted his
> > emails encrypted in transit.
>
> Even unencrypted, your local computer is much more secure than an email
> being sent through the internet.  It's physically secured:  in your
> office or your home, behind a door that can be locked, and in a place
> that is regularly visited by only so many people.

That's exactly my point in sending encrypted mail. I don't bother too much
about my local storage as I have a home office without public access.

To say the truth: I don't even have (too much) messages worth decrypting at all.
Ma main goal is to tie up resources of the NSAs of the world. They violate our
right for privacy (and in my opinion even our Basic Law) and so they should
drown in encrypted mails.

(Which exactly was the terror attack that was prevented by the spying and
violating our privacy rights? I don't remember. Maybe because there wasn't a
single one!?)