[Users] Search for a From pattern AND a Subject pattern

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Mon Sep 22 12:17:14 CEST 2014

On Sun, 21 Sep 2014 20:44:49 -0700
Thomas Taylor <linxt at comcast.net> wrote:

Hello Thomas,

>If you are talking about messages in a mail list they will all have the
>same "from" and all messages in a thread will have the same

ITYFT it's the "To:" header that invariably contains the list email
address.  It may, additionally, carry other addresses of course.  Of the
many mailing lists I'm on, it's only those run by RootsWeb that always
set the "From:" email address to be the list address, whilst keeping the
poster's name.  Most lists only change the "From:" header as part of a
DMARC policy backscatter avoidance problem.

--
 Regards  _
What do you call that noise, that you put on?