[Users] Claws Mail 3.11.0 unleashed!!

sylpheed at 911networks.com sylpheed at 911networks.com
Tue Oct 21 01:02:03 CEST 2014

On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 23:27:15 +0200
Andrej Kacian <andrej at kacian.sk> wrote:

>On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 14:12:41 -0700
>sylpheed at 911networks.com wrote:
>
>> * Account 'sritch.com': Connecting to POP3 server:
>> 192.168.1.14:995... *** SSL handshake failed
>>
>> I had to disable SSL and use port 110 to get CM to work.
>>
>> Is there some extra configuration that is needed?
>
>Hello,
>
>if "mail.sritch.com is the server you use, then it's because it
>doesn't seem to support TLS, only SSLv2 and SSLv3 - and both of
>these are disabled by default. You can enable it like this:
>
>1. Quit Claws Mail.
>2. Enter following two lines in your ~/.claws-mail/clawsrc, in the
>   [Common] section:
>
>gnutls_set_priority=1
>gnutls_priority=NORMAL
>
>That should get you going again. Please note that this is just a
>workaround, you should really talk to whoever is managing that mail
>server, and get them to update the software to support TLS.

Sorry but it doesn't work for me. Most likely I'm doing something
wrong. I did:

* Closed Claws Mail.
* Added:
gnutls_set_priority=1
gnutls_priority=NORMAL

to [Common] ~/.claws-mail/clawsrc

Account settings:

Receive:
* use secure authentication (apop): OFF (also tried apop on didn't
  work either)

SSL
* use SSL for POP3 connection: ON
* use SSL for SMTP connection: ON
* use non-blocking SSL: ON

And I get:

* Account 'sritch.com': Connecting to POP3 server: 192.168.1.14:995...
*** SSL handshake failed

As for the server, I do not have any control of what's it's made
of/configured but they use qmail/qpsmtpd.

--
sknahT

vyS