[Users] Claws Mail 3.11.0 unleashed!!

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Mon Oct 20 23:27:15 CEST 2014

On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 14:12:41 -0700
sylpheed at 911networks.com wrote:

> * Account 'sritch.com': Connecting to POP3 server: 192.168.1.14:995...
> *** SSL handshake failed
>
> I had to disable SSL and use port 110 to get CM to work.
>
> Is there some extra configuration that is needed?

Hello,

if "mail.sritch.com is the server you use, then it's because it doesn't
seem to support TLS, only SSLv2 and SSLv3 - and both of these are
disabled by default. You can enable it like this:

1. Quit Claws Mail.
2. Enter following two lines in your ~/.claws-mail/clawsrc, in the
   [Common] section:

gnutls_set_priority=1
gnutls_priority=NORMAL

That should get you going again. Please note that this is just a
workaround, you should really talk to whoever is managing that mail
server, and get them to update the software to support TLS.

Regards,
--
Andrej