[Users] "Put deleted messages in . . . " ignored

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Sat Nov 8 12:07:54 CET 2014

Bonjour Graham,

Le Sat, 8 Nov 2014 09:49:59 +0000, Graham P Davis
<newsboy at scarlet-jade.com> a écrit :

> On Fri, 7 Nov 2014 08:04:22 -0500
> Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 7 Nov 2014 11:32:11 +0000 Graham P Davis wrote:
> >
> > >Instead of dumping all my deleted messages in the same waste-bin, I
> > >decided to configure my accounts to use their own trash-cans. To
> > >verify that it worked, I set up a new trash folder and edited an
> > >account to "put deleted messages in . . ." the new folder.
> > >Unfortunately, I verified that it didn't work. Deleted messages still
> > >went in the general trash and my new folder remained disappointingly
> > >empty.
> > >
> > >Is there something I've missed in setting this up or does it just not
> > >work?
> > >
> > Sounds like you set up ONE MH mailbox and added accounts when what you
> > want is to add one MH mailbox per account:
>
> That is what I did and that is what I want. What you suggest would
> lead to to much clutter for me and is one reason why another e-mailer I
> tried, which forced me to use a separate mail-box per account was
> rejected by me.
>
> What I want is for the "put deleted messages in . . ." option to work.
> Seems like I'll have to raise a bug report for this as it seems from
> the conversation here that it is a bug rather than a failure on my
> part in configuring this correctly.

Note my experience: apparently there can only be one trash folder per
mailbox (whichever folder you define as type "trash" gets to be the
one, and the previous trash folder becomes a normal folder), but
thetrash folder can have subfolders and filter rules work well with
them. Maybe account defaults can work with trash subfolders too.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.