[Users] Very OT: "Put deleted messages in . . . " ignored

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sat Nov 8 10:24:30 CET 2014

On Sat, 8 Nov 2014 10:05:06 +0100
Albert ARIBAUD <albert.aribaud at free.fr> wrote:

> Bonjour pete,
>
> Le Sat, 8 Nov 2014 08:10:52 +0000, pete nikolic
> <pg.nikolic1 at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> > On Fri, 7 Nov 2014 15:14:57 -0800
> > Ian Zimmerman <itz at buug.org> wrote:
> >
> > > On Fri, 7 Nov 2014 20:07:59 +0100,
> > > Ralf Mardorf <info.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ralf> IMO you've got a wrong idea of how averaged desktop MUA
> > > Ralf> users want to handle their needs regarding mailing.
> > >
> > > Must every piece of software aim at the "averaged desktop user"?
> > >

> > I can see no valid reason for having more than one trash folder
> > anymore are just clutter
>
> Well, 'valid' is subjective. For instance, my config puts recent
> bogofilter hits in a specific trash (sub)folder, so that I can review
> recent hits and quickly check if they are true spam or false
> positives. Having these in a separate trash folder is convenient to
> me, which I deem a 'valid' reason.

That's why I need several spam folders. Usually I don't receive much
spam, but sometimes one of the providers I use is attacked by addresses
that end with .ru. Then there could be 1000 spam mails each minute. I at
least need a spam folder for averaged spam, to check them against false
positives, a folder for .ru spam and a folder for unknown .ru mails
that aren't flagged as spam. Likely Claws does provide to display only
mails that get a special label, so alternatively not separated folders
are needed, but different labels. For different labels there would be
the same issue, that filters after using the bogofilters plugin only can
be applied manually. It would be nice if the developers could consider
to allow automatically applying the filters after bogofilter run.

Regards,
Ralf