[Users] Revisiting the socket_dir $TMPDIR issue

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Thu Nov 6 15:19:15 CET 2014

On Thu, 6 Nov 2014 13:14:04 +0100, Michael Schwendt
<bugreporter at abwesend.de> wrote:

> At Fedora some people still think that Claws Mail should hardcode a
> directory for the socket file. That would avoid the problem
> altogether, but I don't know why the file is put into system tmpdir
> instead.

This is a valid point, this would simplify stuff.
I seem to remember we preferred not to do that because some people
share their config on dual-boot machines where .claws-mail is on a
Windows filesystem, and doesn't support sockets.

I'm not sure that use-case is very important.
--
Colin