[Users] X-Mailer information

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Mon Nov 3 23:30:14 CET 2014

On Mon, 3 Nov 2014 17:31:35 +0100,
Michael Schwendt <bugreporter at abwesend.de> wrote:

Ralf> but were can I set the X-Mailer info used by Claws to use a script ;).

Michael>  That is not the question you've asked before (see quota
Michael> above).

Michael> The manual page mentions a ~/.claws-mail/customheaderrc file,
Michael> and in the source code you could learn how that file is
Michael> used. Quickstart:

I think the OP's real wish is to generate the header at runtime.  At
least he wrote something like "I don't want to change the configuration
every time I upgrade my distribution".

That seems to be a feature request more than anything else.

But, a workaround is possible even in that case: he could write a
wrapper script to dump the current information into customheaderrc (or
whatever other place is appropriate) and then run claws.