[Users] OT: X-Mailer information

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sun Nov 2 15:49:50 CET 2014

On Sun, 2 Nov 2014 09:32:14 -0500
Charles A Edwards <cae at eslrahc.com> wrote:
> This setting can be changed|modified using
> Configuration/Compose/Wrapping

IOW I can not switch in a mail between the wanted 72 chars line break
and no line break for code?!

> ### Please do not CC me, just send to the list and I'll see it ###

The reply to mailing list only and if I want reply to original sender
only options are not that good for the Claws mailer.

If I use reply I do not want to send to the list, but instead I want to
send a privat mail. If I chose to reply to all, I want to send to the
mailing list only. Claws can't handle this. When the preferences are
edited to send to the mailing list, when I push reply, then there's no
option to send a private mail. So I set it vice versa, now I need to
reply to all.

I'm searching for a MUA that should replace Evolution. Until now Claws
seems to be the MUA I will use, but indeed, I did reply to you and
Cc'ed to the mailing list, but that's not my fault, it's an issue
caused by Claws. Evolution is able to provide what I need. If I want I
reply to a mailing list only and if I want I can reply to the OP of a
mail and I also can chose to reply to "all".

Don't blame me for a lack of Claws, or assumed I'm mistaken, please
tell me how I can set up Claws to behave correctly.

Regards,
Ralf