[Users] X-Mailer information

Charles A Edwards cae at eslrahc.com
Sun Nov 2 15:32:14 CET 2014

On Sun, 2 Nov 2014 14:31:31 +0100
Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> > On Sun, 2 Nov 2014 13:30:06 +0100
> > Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >
> > > my mail's headers show something that doesn't satisfy me.

> > > x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) X-Operating-System: Arch Linux
> > >
> > > From were does Claws get the information about the used operating
> > > system for the X-Mailer line?
> > >
> > > "unknown-linux-gnu" doesn't look that nice.
> > >
> > > [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ uname -o
> > > GNU/Linux
> > > [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ cat /etc/issue
> > > Arch Linux \r (\l)
> > >
> > > Is there a way to customize the X-Mailer by variables or
> > > commands?
> >

> > They are build time variables.
> >
> > See mine:
> > Claws Mail 3.11.1-6-gdf413f (GTK+ 2.24.25; x86_64-mageia-linux-gnu)
> >
> > This is achieved at build using|adding
> >  --build=x86_64-mageia-linux-gnu at ./configure
>
> Thank you Charles!
>
> For Claws or GTK2?

Add it to the claws mail build.

> Another questeion, is there a way to disable 72 char line break for
> code? [1]

This setting can be changed|modified using
Configuration/Compose/Wrapping

72 is the standard and preferred length.
There as some mail clients, mostly non-gui clients, which have issues
with line lengths in excess of 72.

### Please do not CC me, just send to the list and I'll see it ###

    Charles

--
meetings, n.:
	A place where minutes are kept and hours are lost.