[Users] WOW!! Stumbled upon a really nasty situation...

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Tue May 13 21:25:42 CEST 2014

On Tue, 13 May 2014 19:29:05 +0100 Brad Rogers wrote:

>On Tue, 13 May 2014 14:01:50 -0400
>Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:
>
>Hello Pierre,
>
>Sorry to read of your situation.

Story of my life...  I often seem to hit issues early... :/   :)

>>- simple sort feature to Filtering (already requested quicksearch)
>
>One of the reasons that there isn't a sort feature for the filters is
>that filter order is important;
>
>If you have filters that depend on other filters having been run, any
>form of sorting could put them all in an order that will end up with some
>not doing anything, because required filtration has not been performed.

True.  However, order can be altered in many ways :) including the
current interface.  The way I handled the previous instance (I run 2 CMs
on this machine; 3 if testing) was to give the sets of rules (where order
is important) names which sort as desired...  Users (like me :) don't
think of sorting as we add filters; until the set becomes so large as to
be no longer manageable...

Truth be told, I'd be happy just with an improved quicksearch...  :)

Thanks for the feedback,
Pierre