[Users] Read emails getting marked as unread

Michael Gmelin freebsd at grem.de
Sun Jun 22 18:14:29 CEST 2014

On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 12:27:11 -0500
Tim Zakharov <himemsys36 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Jun 2014 07:41:05 -0500
> Tim Zakharov <himemsys36 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > This is weird.  Just noticing this over the past few days and not
> > sure what triggered it.  I see a "new" email in one of my
> > mailboxes, then notice the date is old.  I just had four show up in
> > my Claws mailing list folder, two dated 5/31/14 and two dated
> > 6/7/14.  I "Hide Read Messages" in this folder, so I'm guessing
> > these emails were already retrieved, but somehow got marked from
> > read to unread.  Anyone else noticing this?
> >

> No replies yet.  This continues to happen occasionally.  Here is a
> screenshot showing a new claws mailing list email right next to the
> old one that is identical to it.  Any idea what is going on?

Same thing happened to me today as well, I've been going through a few
hundred status emails on IMAP and I had to recheck at least 30% of them
(it was always every mail I marked as read between automatic check for
new mail runs).

Never experienced this on 3.9.2, so this is somehow new (I'm on 3.10.1
now).

What's interesting is, that this seems to be a local caching issue -
the mails are actually marked as read on IMAP.

--
Michael Gmelin