[Users] Claws 3.8.1 on Debian does not exit

edwardp at linuxmail.org edwardp at linuxmail.org
Sat Jun 21 18:43:29 CEST 2014

> Are you not able to update to a more current version?

> 3.8.1 was unleashed 27th June 2012; then followed by
> 3.9.0 on 14th November 2012

> We are now at 3.10.1 unleashed 9th June 2014

I'm sure there are others on the list who could chime in regarding
Debian's policies regarding the updating of stable packages.

It has been mentioned on the list that 3.10.1 is in wheezy-backports,
but it would be great to simply install only claws-mail from backports,
instead of the installer defaulting to installing /everything/ that is
in backports. I've never installed anything from backports in the past.