[Users] CLUE?: where's the window creation code...

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Thu Jul 24 20:24:08 CEST 2014

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 13:14:17 -0400
Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:

Hello Pierre,

>Anyway, my goal is to find what, in how CM opens windows, causes KDE to
>consider CM's main and compose windows "non similar", thereby not
>grouping them. Then, I'm hoping to add something to each compose window
>to make them dissimilar to KDE...

Rather than (re)write CM code, look at KDE's Window/Application
settings.  I'm not 100% sure you can do what you're after with them, but
they're worth investigating as they enable you to overrule default
behaviour.  Hopefully, one of the settings will allow you to override
the grouping together of multiple compose windows.

Right click the compose window's title bar, then select "More Actions >
Special Window Settings".  You'll need to match on Compose Window
(substring) and then start fiddling with options that look as though they
might affect grouping/tabbing of compose windows.

--
 Regards  _
The public wants what the public gets