[Users] Getting claws-mail to notice new messages

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Tue Jul 8 18:29:54 CEST 2014

On 08-Jul-14 09:12:+0100
Geoffrey Leach <geoff at hughes.net> wrote:

> An solution for me would be to have the "check for new mail every"
> preference setting scan the folders as well. Any way to accomplish
> this in the configuration?

Use the option 'update all local folders' on the /Mail
Handling/Receiving page of the general prefs.

This works together with the folder property, 'scan for new mail', so
set that for the folders that you want scanned.

> BTW, using claws' filtering mechanism does not appear to be
> practical.

How come? What do you mean?

with regards

Paul

--
Guerre aux châteaux, Paix aux chaumières