[Users] libreoffice --writer '%U' doesn't open Libreoffice

Cliff Laine clifflaine at europe.com
Wed Jan 22 11:34:51 CET 2014

Dear All

In "external programs" I have Libreoffice set to open most text-based
documents.

When someone sends me a file to be opened in this way, clikcing on the
shortcuts l or o, most of the time, doesn't do anything. Sometimes,
however, I get the Librefoffice splashscreen for a moment, then it
disappears.

I have tried removing the single quotes and changing the argument to
'%S' but still the same behaviour occurs.

From the command line, libreoffice --writer opens the program as
expected.

Is there anything obvious I could do to get LO to open text documents
smoothly?

Cliff