[Users] Need help, moving from kmail-1.13.5 to claws-mail

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Mon Feb 24 23:04:34 CET 2014

On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 10:43:25 -0500
Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:

> How do I change claws-mail's default mail holding directory away from
> $HOME/Mail, so that there is not any interactions with kmail's used of the
> $HOME/Mail tree?  That way, I can setup a duplicate folder tree, and
> "import" whatever I can just to see how it might work.
>
> This would be for the local to this drive copy only, but come time to swap
> drives for good, then I could just fire up mc and copy it to the normal
> $HOME/Mail on the other drive.
>
> I have looked at my ~/.claws-mail/accountrc, but I don't see a directive
> there that looks like it might actually be the right one to edit.  There
> are several candidate lines, but not one that actually says ~/Mail now.

The correct settings for that are in folderlist.xml, but a better (and safer)
way is to simply add a new MH mailbox called for example "MyMail", which will
create $HOME/MyMail.

And if you already have some MH-formatted mailbox prepared, just move it to
$HOME/MyMail first, then add a "MyMail" mailbox in claws-mail - it will not
overwrite contents, but will read and load the content into claws-mail.

--
Andrej Kacian <andrej at kacian dot sk>