[Users] Need help, moving from kmail-1.13.5 to claws-mail

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Feb 24 16:43:25 CET 2014

On Monday 24 February 2014 10:33:36 Ricardo Mones did opine:

> On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 08:44:51AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Monday 24 February 2014 08:42:10 Paul did opine:

> > > Create a 'Local' account in Claws and that will pick up mail
> > > from /var/spool/mail/$user
> > >
> > > with regards
> > >
> > > Paul
> >
> > This is what I am doing in kmail now.  But in the long run, I'd like
> > to put dovecot in the chain so I can access it, using claws in imap
> > mode, from any machine on my local net.
>
>   If you have X servers on your local net machines you can simply ssh -X
> your server and run Claws Mail there but viewing it locally.
>
>   regards,

Thinking about how to be able to experiment without tearing down kmail, I
guess my first question is, since I have disk space, is:

How do I change claws-mail's default mail holding directory away from
$HOME/Mail, so that there is not any interactions with kmail's used of the
$HOME/Mail tree?  That way, I can setup a duplicate folder tree, and
"import" whatever I can just to see how it might work.

This would be for the local to this drive copy only, but come time to swap
drives for good, then I could just fire up mc and copy it to the normal
$HOME/Mail on the other drive.

I have looked at my ~/.claws-mail/accountrc, but I don't see a directive
there that looks like it might actually be the right one to edit.  There
are several candidate lines, but not one that actually says ~/Mail now.

Gotta start someplace.

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

NOTICE: Will pay 100 USD for an HP-4815A defective but
complete probe assembly.