[Users] go to first unread message but don't open it.

Bernd Eckenfels bernd-2014 at eckenfels.net
Tue Feb 18 21:36:17 CET 2014

Am Tue, 18 Feb 2014 20:15:28 +0000 (UTC)
schrieb Bruce Bowler <bbowler at bigelow.org>:

> Strange request that I can't figure out how (or why, for that
> matter :-).

I somewhat have the same problem. When using Shift-N to jump around in
various accounts (which is required since I dont have a combined inbox)
then it happens that mails are "touched" which I dont want to focus on.
So instead of pressing "go to next unread" I would like to use the
"mark unread and go to next" function. Then I can if I accidentually
see a message I dont want to focus on just use the "go to next unread"
instead of "mark read and go to next unread" key. This works of
combined with "auto mark unread" turned off.

Hmmm.. not sure if this is understandable :) (at least this is how I
used thunderbird and opera mail before).

Gruss
Bernd