[Users] Pesky Message View that keeps coming back

alb348 at gmail.com alb348 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 16:04:22 CET 2014

Paul wrote:

>> Another question: I keep unchecking the Message View from the View
>> menu, but when I click on a message to open it, the Message View
>> automatically reappears. This is very annoying. How do I turn off
>> the Message View permanently? I want to view each message in a new
>> window when I click on it.
>
> It works for me. What version of Claws are you using? How do you open
> the message? What setting do you have for the 'open message when
> selected' option on the Display/Summaries page of the prefs?

I am using CM version 3.9.3, under Windows 8.1.

I open the message simply by pressing the Return key, and as I result I
always get the Message View at the bottom, despite the fact that I had
just disabled it in the View > Show or Hide menu.
With regard with the 'open message when selected' option in the
Display/Summaries, it was set on Never. I have also tried changing it
but it makes no difference.