[Users] One filter not working

wwp subscript at free.fr
Tue Apr 29 10:36:09 CEST 2014

Hello Neil,

On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 08:45:45 +0100 Neil <senex at drofle.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Apr 2014 19:15:31 +0100
> Brad Rogers <brad at fineby.me.uk> wrote:
>
> > .....for comparison.  Obviously, the important bits are the selection
> > criteria (from in the first rule & headers in the second).  My
> > apologies for the wrapping - those rules are really all on one line
> > each.
> >
> > If that fails, the next step would be to post your filter rules, so we
> > can see them and hopefully, spot any obvious mistakes.  The rules can
> > be found in ~/.claws-mail/matcherrc.
> >

> OK, here is the complete list of filtering rules
>
> enabled rulename "dc" account 1 to matchcase "list@" | cc matchcase
> "list@" move "#imap/Lists/INBOX/dclug"
>
> enabled rulename "wotd" account 2 from matchcase "doctor@" move "#imap/Oldhome/INBOX/wotd"
>
> enabled rulename "geo" account 2 from matchcase "geocaching" move
> "#imap/Oldhome/INBOX/geocache"
>
> enabled rulename "rspb" account 2 from
> matchcase "rspb" move "#imap/Oldhome/INBOX/rspb"
>
> enabled rulename "bugs" account 3 from matchcase "thewildbeast" move
> "#imap/Main/INBOX/bugreports"
>
> enabled rulename "claws" account 3 to
> matchcase "claws-mail" | cc matchcase "claws-mail" move
> "#imap/Main/INBOX/claws"
>
> enabled rulename "Insiders" account 4 from
> matchcase "insiders" move "#imap/Home/INBOX/Insiders"
>
> enabled rulename "blip" account 4 from matchcase "blip" move "#imap/Home/INBOX/blip"
>
> enabled rulename "zen" account 5 from matchcase "zen.co.uk" | from
> matchcase "zen-mail" move "#imap/New/INBOX/Zen"
>
> enabled rulename "xfce" account 5 to matchcase "xfce" | cc matchcase
> "xfce" move "#imap/New/INBOX/xfce"
>
> enabled rulename "xubuntu" account 5
> from matchcase "xubuntu" | to matchcase "xubuntu" | cc matchcase
> "xubuntu" move "#imap/New/INBOX/xubuntu"
>
> I have tried to make them easier to read.

Thanks. And the failing one is the one that should move to "#imap/Main/INBOX/claws" ?

Would you mind sharing a filtering debug log with us?

1) make sure you have an incoming email that will match this filtering rule,
   if possible, only one email waiting on server side,
2) go offline,
3) in "Configuration/Preferences/Other/Logging", in "Filtering/processing log":
    check "Enable logging of filtering/processing rules"
    check "filtering at incorporation"
    uncheck everything else
    set "Log level" to medium
    uncheck "Restrict the log ..",
4) "Message/Receive" and do receive from the relevant account,
5) "Tools/Filtering log" and copy the log stuff so that we can see it.

Regards,

--
wwp