[Users] Marking messages as read

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Sun Apr 13 09:22:57 CEST 2014

On Sat, 12 Apr 2014 18:50:49 +0100
Neil <senex at drofle.co.uk> wrote:

Neil> No,I have tried that and it is not what I want. I don't want a
Neil> message to be marked as read until I open it up in a new window
Neil> and read it. I don't want that to happen when I have it simply
Neil> highlighted in the listing of the messages.

Neil> At the moment, when I open an inbox folder the first unread
Neil> message is selected. If I click on it to open it and read it then
Neil> it is automatically marked as read and the total of unread
Neil> messages is decreased by one. However if I then move on to the
Neil> next unread message by using shift-N then the next unread message
Neil> is indeed opened but it is not marked as read.

Neil> If instead I Esc back to the list of messages and then click on
Neil> the next unread message (which I recognise because it is in bold
Neil> type) then that works.

I have no solution, but I can see that fall victim to
this only because you insist on the message being in a separate window.
I use the normal layout with the message text just another pane in the
main Claws window, and the read/unread marking works for me when I move
through messages with N or Shift-N.