[Users] synchronization for offline use of imap account

Daniele 3daniele03 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 10:07:49 CEST 2013

Hi Kardan,

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 03:22:07 +0200
kardan <kardan at riseup.net> wrote:

> 1. right click INBOX -> properties
> 2. disable "scan for new mail" with "recursively" checked
> 3. enable "synchonize for offlien use" with "recursively" checked
> 4. OK
> 5. right click INBOX -> properties
> 6. enable "scan for new mail" with "recursively" unchecked

this is exactly what I am doing (besides the fact that my folders are
not subfolders of INBOX but are at the same level of INBOX, so that in
item 1. INBOX is replaced by the root of my imap folder and I do not
need "recursively" in item 6.).

Moreover, under "Configuration -> Preferences -> Miscellaneous" I have
"Synchronize offline folders as soon as possible".

However, very often folders are not synchronized.

In this case, when I am offline and try to change folder, I get the
message "Claws Mail needs network access..." and if something has been
modified from a different client, this is not reflected by the local
cache. This happens even after going online, synchronizing folders
(Shift+Ctrl+S) and going back offline.

My understanding is that this occurs in those folders where I do not
have the property "Scan for new mail" active.

Am I doing anything wrong?