[Users] Revised claws-mail script for use with the git repo.

Sharon Kimble boudiccas at talktalk.net
Thu Sep 19 17:50:57 CEST 2013

I have amended Brian Morrison's script for getting the claws-mail from
its git repo from -
> On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 11:08:17 +0100
> Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:

which is now like this -
#!/usr/bin/env bash

cd /home/boudiccas/git/claws

# update source tree
git reset --hard

git status

read -p "Are you sure you want to continue? <y/N> " prompt
if [[ $prompt == "y" || $prompt == "Y" || $prompt == "yes" || $prompt
== "Yes" ]] then

git pull --all

# configure and make source into executable
./autogen.sh

make

# install in /usr/local/bin

sudo make install

# end of script
else

exit 0

fi
I've called it 'clawsupdate' and have it in /home/$USER/bin and you
need to change the source files for you to use it.

I've tested it and it accepts any combination of 'Y/y/N/n'

Mine is up-to-date and I get this report -
 clawsupdate
HEAD is now at ec06e2e Updated Team list to be in sync with
section=community on the web # On branch master
# Untracked files:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
#
#       +1
#       debian.changelog
#       debian/
#       description-pak
#       doc-pak/
nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to
track) Are you sure you want to continue? <y/N> N

I reckon that you make your own decision as to whether you proceed or
not. In this case, there are few changes so its not worth proceeding.

Hope you find the revised script useful for you?

Sharon.
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice 4.1.1.2
Registered Linux user 334501