[Users] help keys not found

kardan kardan at riseup.net
Wed Oct 2 23:57:17 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Sat, 14 Sep 2013 13:12:06 +0000
<info at computerhuys.nl> wrote:

> I'm new to claws-mail and to sending secure mail and want to use it
> to send secure mail.
>

> I want to send a mail using PGP/MIME encryption. PGP/MIME add-on is
> installed and selected in default privacy settings.
>

> When I send an e-mail I'm asked to select a key however no keys are
> found to select from. I used Kleopatra to create a key-pair on this
> computer for a (dummy) test e-mailaccount so I expected to be able to
> select this key (via this mailadress) since it is available on my
> computer (or at least visible within Kleopatra in the list of
> certificates). Also there is no way to tell where to locate / look
> for a key.
>

> How does this work?

I assume gpa is similar to Kleopatra. The key principle of PKI (Public
Key Infrastructure) is to add the recipients key to your local keyring.
Did you do this?
Otherwise you need to
1) search for the key by long ID or email adress with any of the above
2) import the key and verify that it is the right one (ask your
recipient out of band)

For more info please follow the link below.

--
Kardan <kardan at riseup.net>
Please encrypt emails to me. http://gnupg.org/documentation

Why?