[Users] Subscription problems on imap

evain.laurent at neuf.fr evain.laurent at neuf.fr
Tue Nov 26 15:11:24 CET 2013

Le Tue, 26 Nov 2013 10:16:32 +0000,
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> a écrit :

> On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 23:12:04 +0100
> evain.laurent at neuf.fr wrote:
>
> > I try to subscribe to my imap accounts and I see only a sublist of
> > my folders. More precisely, I see only the following 5 folders:
> > "inbox,sent,draft,queue,trash" whereas my list of folders is much
> > longer.
>
> What folders have you subscribed? Are you showing only subscribed
> folders?

This is not a subscription issue. The folders have been subscribed. For
instance, let's look the output of the lsub command which shows
subscribed folders :

In [12]: M = imaplib.IMAP4("imap.sfr.fr");
M.login(...)

Out[12]:
('OK',
 ['[CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ ID LOGINDISABLED ACL RIGHTS=kxte
QUOTA MAILBOX-REFERRALS NAMESPACE UIDPLUS NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT
CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND BINARY CATENATE CONDSTORE SORT SORT=MODSEQ
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES ANNOTATEMORE SCAN URLAUTH
URLAUTH=BINARY X-NETSCAPE SORT=DISPLAY X-FORWARD X-LOGNAME GRIDSTORAGE
IMAP4 SPECIAL-USE] User logged in'])

In [13]: M.lsub()
Out[13]:
('OK',