[Users] Reply Problem

Jonathan Hooverman jonathan.hooverman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 11:15:20 CET 2013

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Nov 2013 00:24:38 +0100
> Jonathan Hooverman <jonathan.hooverman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Are you on openSUSE? The reason I am asking is, because I have
> > updated claws-mail this morning with a new package of OBS (version
> > 3.9.2). Since then I am facing the same issue, that you describe
> > here.
>
> That's it, it seems. The openSUSE package is broken due to some
> none-too-clever selective applying of patches from the GIT
> development tree.
>
> Look here:
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Factory/claws-mail
>
> The latest patch there, claws-mail-fix-address-quotes.patch,
> introduces a bug. This bug is fixed in our GIT tree, but whoever
> decided to apply that patch was not paying too much attention to what
> has been going on in GIT.
>
> My advice to whoever is in charge of this openSUSE package is, use
> the release packages only.
>
> So, if openSUSE users can downgrade from this latest rpm, then do it.

I gave this information to the package maintainer and hope, that he will
take care about this. The official release package is quite old (version
3.8.1), so hopefully this will be fixed soon.

I took my faulty package from here
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/GNOME:/Apps/openSUSE_12.2/i586/claws-mail-3.9.2-80.1.i586.rpm

There is another repo, that contains a more recent version, but I am not
sure, if it comes with the same "feature"
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/seilerphilipp/openSUSE_12.2/i586/claws-mail-3.9.2-81.1.i586.rpm

Jon.
Send from gmail web interface