[Users] Reply Problem

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sun Nov 10 09:54:06 CET 2013

On Sun, 10 Nov 2013 00:24:38 +0100
Jonathan Hooverman <jonathan.hooverman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you on openSUSE? The reason I am asking is, because I have
> updated claws-mail this morning with a new package of OBS (version
> 3.9.2). Since then I am facing the same issue, that you describe
> here.

That's it, it seems. The openSUSE package is broken due to some
none-too-clever selective applying of patches from the GIT
development tree.

Look here:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Factory/claws-mail

The latest patch there, claws-mail-fix-address-quotes.patch,
introduces a bug. This bug is fixed in our GIT tree, but whoever
decided to apply that patch was not paying too much attention to what
has been going on in GIT.

My advice to whoever is in charge of this openSUSE package is, use
the release packages only.

So, if openSUSE users can downgrade from this latest rpm, then do it.

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune