[Users] I'm whupped by kmail

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Jul 12 23:08:04 CEST 2013

On Friday 12 July 2013 16:55:58 Paul did opine:

> On Fri, 12 Jul 2013 14:07:22 -0400
>
> Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> > But, I see claws is mbox format only, an acronym I am told for a
> > merged "mailfile".
>
> No, Claws Mail's native format is MH. (MBOX is supported by a plugin.)
>
> > And it has no facility to import a maildir, which I have about 40
> > of. However the original kmail inbox is a mailfile, and while it
> > shows 1 unread message in the claws left panel, it will not show me
> > the message itself.
>
> Perhaps kmail is mbox. If so, try /File/Import mbox file...

Some of my kmail was in file format, mostly the stuff so small it was a
never mind.

I looked, the only choice I could see in what I assumed was a multi-
selector was MH.  Did I miss a plugin?

Somebody sent me a python script that I have used to make mailfiles back
out of maildirs, so that has been done, output to the new drive, and those
that were in mailfile form I just copied with cp, so its all in file format
now, but I haven't rebooted to see if I can import them yet.

But now its time for me & the missus to find a nose bag, din-din, whatever
to eat.  I'll swap drives and reboot when I get back.  We're both north of
70, so the kitchen doesn't get used all that much.  I'm diabetic and she
can't stand my cooking is the biggest problem.  She has COPD and only feels
like cooking about one thing a week.  Usually something I shouldn't eat,
like a pan of brownies.  I sample anyway, bad dog & all that. :)

> with regards
>
> Paul

Thank you Paul.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
Sorry never means having your say to love.
         law-abiding citizens.